This episode features two talks on mental health that explore two very different sides of this important topic. Michelle’s talk is a technical showcase of how her research project uses open source tools to better diagnose depression. Greg shares his personal struggles with ADHD and bipolar disorder, and how important it is for us to openly talk about mental health.
- Codeland, CodeNewbie's conference - April 21 and 22 in NYC
- 718-312-8335 (Greg's mental health resource number)
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Feature Extraction
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- IBM Watson Speech to Text
- DAIC-WOZ Database
- Audio/Visual Emotion and Depression Recognition dataset
- Tom Insel's TED talk on depression
- CUNY Graduate Center
- CodeNewbie YouTube channel
Thank you to these sponsors for supporting the show!