What's a TwitterChat?
It's a conversation via Twitter where anyone can join by putting the #CodeNewbie hashtag in their tweet. We'll moderate from our account, @CodeNewbies, and get the conversation started every Wednesday at 9PM EST with some questions on that day's programming topic.
How does it work?
- We'll post a question, like this one: "Q1: What are your favorite programming books? #CodeNewbie"
- You respond to the question, like this: "A1: I loved Chris Pine's 'Learn to Program.' Great book!#CodeNewbie" with the hashtag attached.
- You can also respond to people directly, like this: "@codergal what did you like about 'Learn to Program'? I've heard a lot about it! #CodeNewbie"
- After some discussion and back and forth, roughly 5-10 minutes worth, we'll post a new question for the community to respond to.
How do I join the chat?
- Follow the hashtag #CodeNewbie or follow us @CodeNewbies every Wednesday at 9PM EST and start tweeting with us!
- Respond to one of the questions, labeled "Q1", "Q2", "Q3", etc, with a labeled answer "A1", "A2", "A3" etc.
- Or respond to other people's tweets. Share a link. Tell a story. Talk about your coding experiences. Just make sure to include the hashtag, #CodeNewbie.
How can I help?
We need your help in spreading the word to both newbies and experienced developers. And you can start by tweeting about it right now!
- Be nice.
- Be honest.
- Be helpful.